Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
The Eastern Sierra Transit Authority offers Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) mileage reimbursements to individuals in our community who are dependent upon others to obtain access to healthcare. This dependency may be due to physical or mental disability, income status, age, or other factors. Participants must be residents of Inyo or Mono County.
Non Emergency Medical Transportation Reimbursement Form English
General Program Eligibility
An NEMT applicant will be approved if he/she meets the eligibility requirements. In all cases, the total circumstance of each applicant will be considered in making a determination of eligibility with the final and overriding intent being the necessity of the service when aiding local residents in obtaining transportation to access to healthcare.
The Program has been designed to be very simple. In order to be eligible you would need to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Must be Inyo or Mono County Resident
- Must be receiving medical care from a medical facility
- The applicant is not able to drive him/herself
- Cannot make the trip because of financial challenge
Eastern Sierra Transit Authority does not recruit or maintain a volunteer driver pool or vehicles. It is the rider’ s responsibility to recruit their own volunteer driver. Passengers may recruit more than one volunteer driver.
- Volunteer Drivers are required to sign a release from liability and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Eastern Sierra Transit Authority.
- It is the Volunteer Driver’s individual responsibility to have a valid Driver License, to carry the minimum motor vehicle insurance, and to abide by all laws and regulations.
- Reimbursement payments are mailed to Riders for distribution to their Volunteer Driver.
- Volunteer Driver Release of Liability-English
- Volunteer Driver Release of Liability _Spanish
All trips are to be arranged between the passenger and the volunteer driver at mutually convenient times.
The rate of reimbursement is currently .22 cents per mile. To be eligible for reimbursement, each one-way trip must begin or end in Inyo or Mono County. Reimbursement payments are mailed to Riders for distribution to their Volunteer Driver.
Following are the standard mileage allowances permitted:
- 300 miles per one-way trip
- 600 miles per round trip
Following are maximum and minimum monthly reimbursements for existing funding sources:
- Minimum reimbursement $10.00
- Maximum monthly reimbursement $600.00
Funding is limited. Reimbursements will be made until funding is expended.
For additional information and program form, please contact Linda Robinson at 760-872-1901 Ext 17.